Fiction writers need editors.
And vice versa, of course.
The cleaner and more consistent your manuscripts are, the fewer problems they will be perceived to have.
At GILLY WRIGHT’S RED PEN, I offer copyediting and content editing at very reasonable prices. Shall we see if we can do business?
My goal is this: to help you to say it better in your own style and avoid showing you how I would write it if it were mine.
Are we right for each other? Let’s get the introductions started.
- I edited Village Views, a monthly community broadsheet in Terrace Park, Ohio, under my own name, 1998-2000
- I have been freelance editing since 2009 and established GILLY WRIGHT’S RED PEN in 2012
- I worked as a proofreader for Dreamspinner Press from February 2013 to October 2013
- I was an editor at Turquoise Morning Press from August 2013 to October 2015
- I have an AB cum laude from Bowdoin College and an MA from the University of Massachusetts/Amherst. Neither of those fine institutions has a woman called Gilly Wright in their alumni lists; nevertheless, my diplomas hang on my wall. Just like many others do, I use a pen name.
- On this website, I outline the Who, What, When, Where, How, Why, and So What for GILLY WRIGHT’S RED PEN and for my clients